Re: GUB calling 'false'

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GUB calling 'false'
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 13:20:31 +0100

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm getting adeptish at reading GUB barf, but what puzzles me is that
> the command GUB called was 'false' (see the end of the copy and paste
> from the logfile).  Thoughts?

It would be called explicitly to generate an exit status indicating
failure.  A typical application would be configure not finding a
utility, and setting the respective environment variable (like TEX or
whatever else) to false, with the expectation that this will only cause
problems with some optional Makefile targets, not affecting the main
compilation.

I have not done any analysis of your specific problem, but maybe this
rationale may help you in figuring out what is happening in your case.