Re: critical issues

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: critical issues
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 11:44:39 +0100

On Jan 8, 2012, at 2:54 AM, Graham Percival wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 01:52:41AM +0100, Łukasz Czerwiński wrote:
>>
>>  Are there some guidelines how to write new code to work in the same
>>  manner as the already written code?
>
> We have a contributor's guide.  It is not complete, but that's
> where to look.

You can also follow the logic of the code.  For example, let's say that you
want to fiddle with the X-offset of a Grob.  Read through define-grobs.scm and
look for all the X-offset callbacks in other grobs.  This'll give you an idea
of how X-offsets are done in LilyPond.  I think that most current contributors
learned the code this way.

>> If no, is there a person (several people?) that could answer
>> such questions?

I have never not responded sooner or later to a question from a newb (including
Janek when he was starting out) about how to do something in LilyPond.

Cheers,
MS