Re: reduced development time

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: reduced development time
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 16:31:33 +0100

On Jan 16, 2012, at 1:24 PM, Graham Percival wrote:

> 2.15.26 is released, containing the fix for issue 1933
> lilypond-book on windows.  This marks the end of my active
> development work for the next ten weeks: until the end of March, I
> am reducing my lilypond time from 10 hours a week to 5 hours a
> week.

I (like everyone I'm sure) would like to thank you for the work that you've
done on lilypond development.  Most of my lilypond development centers on
musical layout, and I'd have a hard time being motivated to do the type of work
you do.  This type of work is of the utmost necessity, and I hope it can get
farmed out amongst active developers in a way that makes you want to come back
to your 15h/wk level with the project after getting over the spring-term hump.

> Instead, I will end with a plea for more automation.

I have dabbled in this, mostly because I do not know what is needed.  Python is
my native language, so if people could start an automation wishlist, I can get
things done over the next few months.  I'm terrible at brainstorming this type
of stuff but ok at implementing anything that falls outside of git.  Just lemme
know.

Cheers,
MS