Re: music font

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: music font
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 23:35:05 +0000

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 12:05:46AM +0100, Xavier Scheuer wrote:
> I am not a developer, just a simple user.
>
> But I must say I am a bit disappointed no developer (except Janek)
> replied to your e-mail.

And I'm a bit disappointed that you keep on whining about
developers not doing what you want them to do.

I am not your slave.  The fact that I have volunteered thousands
of hours working on lilypond does not make me your slave.  I did
not crawl out of my mother's womb knowing about lilypond
internals, or even about programming at all.  Any knowledge I have
was from hard work: reading source code, reading public emails on
the list archives, and learning about programming in general.  I
am a bit dissapointed that *you* have not done that.

You want something done?  Do it yourself.  That's what open source
means -- you have the legal right to do it yourself.  It does not
mean that other people are obligated to do it for you.  You have
la liberté, not royauté.