Re: Patchy and staging

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Patchy and staging
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 11:05:25 +0000

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 11:41:22AM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2012, at 11:33 AM, Graham Percival wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 10:00:30AM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> >> I got a "Permission denied (publickey)" message from patchy when
> >> trying to fiddle with it.
> >
> > savannah is telling you that you don't have git push ability set
> > up.  If you're running patchy as a separate user (recommended), or
> > from a separate git directory, that git directory needs to be able
> > to push.
>
> I am pointing patchy to /home/mikesol/lilypond-git (LILYPOND_GIT
> variable), which is the directory from which I push all of my
> patches to staging.  I'll try tinkering some more tonight.

hmm.  Are you running patchy in a separate shell that doesn't have
access to your $HOME ?  I once had that problem; when patchy
reached the git push stage, git couldn't find me $HOME/.ssh/ so it
therefore couldn't get the ssh keys.

The bottom line is that the "Permission denied (publickey)"
message comes from git (called on line 229 of
compile_lilypond_test.py), not Patchy itself.