Another stderr/stdout question

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Another stderr/stdout question
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 17:13:15 -0000

The regtest option-help.ly emits the help text for ly:set-option. The idea is that the logfiles will thus be compared in the regtest checking. Only problem is that the list seems to go to stdout and the logfiles are produced from stderr, so no checking actually occurs, AFAICS. This has the side effect (which is how I spotted it) of sending the help text to the terminal screen rather than to logfiles, when make doc is run.

What do we think: is it going to the wrong place, or should we do something else with the regtest and make doc?

While I'm here - anyone know which regtest produces this:

(make-music
 'UnrelativableMusic
 'element
 (make-music