Re: regenarating png from svg files

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: regenarating png from svg files
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 21:25:44 +0000

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 02:46:01PM -0500, Julien Rioux wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Francisco Vila <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Images should be pushed along other changes, and also to our branch.
> > Graham has to authorize something afterwards for those to be visible.
> > Forwarding to him.

Not any more.  The whole point of lilypond-extra and
$LILYPOND_WEB_MEDIA_GIT is that it just gets pngs directly from
that repo.  Anybody can update those.
(if they have push access to the lilypond-extra repo, which I give
very easily)

If that's not clear from the CG website chapter, that's a bug.

> I didn't realize that. I pushed only the changes to these two .svg files:
> Documentation/pictures/text-input-parts-both-annotate-de.svg
> Documentation/pictures/text-input-parts-single-annotate-de.svg
>
> I wrongly though that .png files were created as part of the build. So:
> 1) New .png files should be generated from the two changed .svg files,

Correct.  IIRC there was some problem with fonts when trying to
use imagemagick for the automatic build process?  The last time
somebody looked at this was 2008 or so, so maybe it's better now?

> 2) These files should be pushed to the main git repository, and

Yes.

> 3) Same files should be pushed to lilypond-extra repository.

I'm not certain about that.  I think that for png files in
Documentation/pictures/, there's no need for files in
lilypond-extra.

... that said, I see those files in lilypond-extra/pictures/, so
maybe they _are_ needed.  Hmm, the only way to find out is to try
reading make/website.make, and/or doing a few experiments.