Re: Cross-staff stem engraver (was: New frog in an empty pond?)

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Cross-staff stem engraver (was: New frog in an empty pond?)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 00:48:12 -0800

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM, Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> wrote:

Using an engraver to catch the stems sounds like a good approach.  I could even do some filtering in the engraver.  And it should be possible to replace stems with one rather than connect them together.  It would simplify SVG output, and I suspect the connect point could be seen in some renderings of the postscript output.

Thank you for your help!  I'm getting really close!

Glad to hear it :)

In case it wasn't clear from what I said before, engravers in lilypond don't do the actual layout. Instead, they build the grobs and set up the connections between them. Most of the layout is done in callback functions.

Cheers,
Joe