Re: Various updates to reduce make doc output (issue 5727055)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Various updates to reduce make doc output (issue 5727055)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:21:34 -0000

Phil Holmes wrote Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:59 AM

From: "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden>

Carl Sorensen wrote Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:01 PM

So it would be nice to have a feature added to midi2ly that would
automatically create voiceFive, voiceSix, etc. if needed.

Exactly!  Having discovered the problem, the correct procedure
is to raise an issue for it, not try to hide it.  It would be easy to
add a couple of extra voices to ly/property-init.ly, if that would
make it easier to fix midi2ly.

Trevor

The problem has been apparent for at least a year, had anyone wanted to look at the warnings from make doc. It would have been easy to raise an issue to cover the problem, had anyone been looking at the output of make doc.

Yes, I guess you're the first developer to look at the warnings from
make doc ...

Please see http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2407.

... and now you've raised an issue for this one so it doesn't get
swept under the carpet ...

Can I please now quieten this warning using the explicit command line switch --quiet?

... I for one would be happy for you to go ahead and quieten it.

Thanks,
Trevor