Re: Triggers X-extent calculation for NoteColumn before setting stem-beg

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Triggers X-extent calculation for NoteColumn before setting stem-begin-position (issue 5934050)
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 04:02:47 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/5934050/diff/7001/lily/stem.cc
File lily/stem.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5934050/diff/7001/lily/stem.cc#newcode131
lily/stem.cc:131: Real stem_beg = internal_calc_stem_begin_position (me,
false);
On 2012/04/02 07:48:11, MikeSol wrote:
On 2012/04/02 07:42:55, Keith wrote:
> I'm assuming something within calc_stem_begin_position
> triggers note-collision resolution

That was nonsense.  Note-collision resolution happens in the
"Preprocessing graphical objects..." phase, which completes for all
three scores in your regtest before the "Fitting music on 1 page..."
phase, which is when we pass the code with the comment //trigger note
collision

Yup.  It allows calc_stem_position to skip all of the beam business
and get to
the setting of note positions.

You must mean something like "get to the business of /looking up/ stem
attachment points" that were set long ago.

Could you change the comment and commit message to whatever you thought
I meant when you said "Yup", because what I thought it meant isn't true.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5934050/