Re: second GSoC application: font glyph variants. Please review!

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: second GSoC application: font glyph variants. Please review!
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 22:54:17 +0000

On 4/5/12 4:13 PM, "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden> wrote:

>I've decided that it's better to submit more than one application, so
>here it comes: adding on-line, between-line, short and narrow versions
>of some Feta glyphs -
>http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/janek_w
>archol/4001
>Please give me your feedback :)

I think your proposal ought to have three steps for each set of modified
glyphs:

1) Add glyph variants
2) Add infrastructure
3) Tweak glyph variants

I suggest this, because I think that the tweaking may take a lot of time.
If you had variants and the infrastructure complete by the end of GSOC,
but the variants weren't yet perfect, I'd consider that a successful
outcome.  I think that tweaking is potentially the most time-consuming
part of the project, and the part I'd be happiest to have left to do at
the end of the summer.

Thanks,

Carl

P.S. After seeing your choir picture, I wonder if you are related to
Graham? ;)