Re: PATCH: Countdown to 20120422

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: PATCH: Countdown to 20120422
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:54:45 -0600

On 12-04-20 12:36 AM, Federico Bruni wrote:
Il 20/04/2012 04:31, Colin Campbell ha scritto:
Echoing Graham's comment on the pace of development slowing, we have no
patches to push, none on countdown and none to review.

Hi Colin,

can you please tell me if it's normal that my patch has been ignored?
It's a very trivial patch, maybe I didn't follow the right procedure?
Or should I just wait for comments from developers?

Here's the issue:

I hoped that it could make it into the new stable, but now it seems too late.. I'm looking forward to a new critical bug in 2.15.37 ;-)

Thanks,
Federico

Hello, Federico

I've put your patch straight onto the countdown, and it may be that one of the senior developers will give the OK to push it without further review.

The reason it was overlooked is that, yes, you did go a bit outside the usual channels. In the last few months, we've been relying on patches being created with git-cl and lily-git, which means the issues get created on Rietveld at the same time. They also get a status of "patch-new", which gives the signal to the Patchy programs to test the patch, and tells James or whoever is running Patchy, to change the status top "patch-review". Because your patch is so small, you simply attached it to the bug tracker issue, which means that none of the Reitveld stuff happened. Both the robotic parts of the patch handling system, and the almost robotic ones such as I, are looking for the patch status of a Rietveld item to guide us in the action to be taken.

You'll be getting a copy of the update to the issue tracker item, Federico, and I'll try and read the bug- list more carefully!

Cheers,
Colin

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both
hands.