Re: Rename translation branch

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Rename translation branch
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 19:59:04 +0200

Francisco Vila <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello, David and all,
>
> I'd like the lilypond/translation branch to be renamed to just
> 'translation' if there are no objections. David, I recall you did
> something similar for 'staging'.
>
> A good moment would be just after one or two 2.16 releases, I think.
> Comments?

We can do this as soon as you want to.  I don't see that this would be
related to releases, as the branch naming is not relevant to users.  In
fact, since we distribute the "Contributor's Guide" also as part of the
stable documentation (and it will stick around for a long time on
people's disks), it would make more sense to preferably change it
_before_ rather than after major releases, and make the CG match.