Re: Dictionary for musical terms in Lilypond

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Dictionary for musical terms in Lilypond
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 13:04:40 +0200

Il 29/04/2012 12:55, Łukasz Czerwiński ha scritto:
Hi,

Recently my Polish speaking friend told me that it's a problem for him
to look something in Lilypond documentation, because first of all he
must translate the musical term he needs to English, which is quite a
hard task, because there are several words that might express the same
musical element.

I came to an idea - what about creating a small dictionary of musical
terms used in Lilypond and in Lilypond documentation?

It might be just a separate page for each language with pairs: word -
translated word.

It exists already, it's called Music Glossary :)

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/music-glossary/index.html

New translations are easy because it's just one file for all languages, so you don't have to commit yourself to translate all the doc.

The file is Documentation/music-glossary.tely