Re: website and doc build

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: website and doc build
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 16:54:31 +0200

2012/5/2 Jean-Charles Malahieude <address@hidden>:
> Le 01/05/2012 00:55, Francisco Vila disait :
>>
>> 2012/4/30 Jean-Charles Malahieude<address@hidden>:
>>>
>>> I've tried to understand how and when the mo files for the "program" are
>>> built, in order to reproduce it for Documentation, and change
>>> LYDOC_LOCALEDIR to point to $(top-build-dir)/Documentation/po/out but
>>> with
>>> no success at all.
>>

>> mo files are created by msgfmt and it is mentioned in
>>
>> git grep -i MSGFMT
>> [...]
>>

> The problem is in fact a matter of /chronology/. Or I don't understand how
> it works (this is even not a guess!).
>
> The only line where I find "po" is in Documentation/Gnumakefile and it
> stands:
> SUBDIRS = $(MANUALS_SUBDIRS) snippets logo pictures misc po css topdocs

Well I see some more:

Documentation/GNUmakefile:SUBDIRS = $(MANUALS_SUBDIRS) snippets logo
pictures misc po css topdocs \
Documentation/GNUmakefile:      make -C po po-update
Documentation/GNUmakefile:      test -e po/$(ISOLANG).po || cp
po/lilypond-doc.pot po/$(ISOLANG).po
Documentation/GNUmakefile:      @echo "  po-update
update and replace PO files for"
Documentation/GNUmakefile:all-translations-update: po-update translation-status
Documentation/GNUmakefile:      msgmerge -U po/lilypond-doc.pot
$(outdir)/doc.pot

Sorry I can not be of more help. I once spent many hours in the build
system and ended exhausted.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com