Re: Regarding LSR translation work

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Regarding LSR translation work
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 18:56:18 +0100

On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 10:35:02AM +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Il 25/04/2012 12:04, Graham Percival ha scritto:
> [..]
> >
> >Currently, makelsr.py adds different amounts of blank lines to
> >some .ly files depending on whether you run it as a full import
> >vs. when you run it locally.  It would be nice if that didn't
> >happen.
>
> I think that blank lines are not the only problem.

Of course it isn't.  But it's the *easiest*, most *harmless*, way
that you could get started.  It's not an urgent job.  Once
somebody knows python and that script, it's a 5-minute job to fix
it.

That's why I thought it would be perfect for you to start with.
As a general rule of thumb, 5 minutes of experienced developer
time translates to about 5 hours for a complete beginner.  If
you're not a complete beginner at python and the script, then
reduce the estimate according to however you rank your own skill.

-snip-
> Does it make sense?

It's plausible, but I really don't know how the system works.  You
could try asking John Mandereau.

I still think you should start with an easy job, but if you want
to jump straight into the hard stuff, go ahead.