Re: commit access

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: commit access
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 08:34:01 +0200

Benkő Pál <address@hidden> writes:

> dear team and Project Manager,
>
> I'd like to get commit access.

I have checked in several of Pál's commits in the past.  Just recently
another commit that had passed review.  For better or worse, I have not
personally proofread the commit before checking it in (so it is missing
a SignedOffBy from me).  So with regard to coder responsibility, giving
Pál commit access would not make much of a difference anymore.

It would enable him to bypass procedures.  I'd strongly suggest that he
read through the current version of the contributors' guide in order to
make sure that there are no significant surprises for him lurking in
there.  And remind him that patches he commits under his name have the
copyright attributed to him and nobody else, so he should be careful
about using external sources, even freely licensed ones.

I support his request.