Re: LoMus 2012

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: LoMus 2012
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 12:51:32 +0200

On 12 mai 2012, at 12:37, David Kastrup wrote:

> "address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>    From: Thierry Coduys <address@hidden>
>>
>>    Subject: LoMus 2012
>>
>>    Date: 12 mai 2012 12:15:03 HAEC
>>
>>    To: address@hidden
>>

>>    Dear Mike,
>>
>>    The jury wishes to congratulate you on your LilyPond open source
>>    software, that won the First Prize at the LoMus 2012 contest.
>>
>>    A cheque or bank transfer of 2000 € will be sent to you by the
>>    AFIM.
>>
>>    Could you kindly let us know if the following is the right postal
>>    address ?
>>
>>    1, rue Hurtziger
>>    92110 Clichy
>>    France
>>
>>    Please accept our warmest regards and don't hesitate to contact me
>>    for any further information.
>>
>> w000000t!
>> Mazal tov to everyone!
>
> Graham's worst fears...  If I remember correctly, we had two
> applications for the Google Summer of Code, and only one has been
> accepted under the GNU umbrella.  Before dispersion fights start, it
> might make sense asking the other applicant whether an admittedly
> smaller sum like this might enable him to embark on his project or part
> of it.

I wouldn't mind using it to finish my skyline work!  That'll easily be five
weeks of my life (around 1 000 €), and it'd allow me to focus on something
other than fundraising...

I'd rather keep the award for people on the development team, as it has been
officially given to the people on the author's list on the website (that's who
I put on the application).

There'll be no dispersion fight.  No worst fears.  It'll be very simple.  As
agreed upon before I applied:

1) Within one (1) week from the timestamp on this e-mail, send me an e-mail
letting me know if you have any projects that this could be used for.  No need
to write anything elaborate: I know you, I know LilyPond, and I know how hard
it is to fix things.  2-3 sentences will suffice!

2) Give me an amount, in euros, that you need for this project.

I'll dole it out accordingly and send an e-mail to the list letting them know
what I did.

Cheers,
MS