Re: Add mail aliases for Carl, Colin, Janek, and Pá l, for the sake of g

From: dak
Subject: Re: Add mail aliases for Carl, Colin, Janek, and Pá l, for the sake of git shortlog (issue 6206057)
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 08:13:35 +0000

On 2012/05/13 07:59:25, benko.pal wrote:

I don't have a strong preference either way: on one hand I like to
find myself
under B rather than P; on the other hand I like people not confusing
my given
name and surname.

It makes it easier to find your mail address this way.  I don't think
that git ever pulls apart the name by itself, and you are not alone with
a language-dependent order.

It is not untypical for Hungarians to give in to the rest of the world:
Erdős Pál has made most of his headlines as Paul Erdos.

So I might have been more nationalist than you are.  But as I said: it
is more consistent with the mail address.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6206057/