Re: Plan for discussions

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: Plan for discussions
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 15:18:45 +0200

On 14/05/12 14:36, David Kastrup wrote:
It is not like the graphical frontends are not mentioned in LilyPond's
documentation.  Have you checked
<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/web/easier-editing#Score_002c-tab-and-MIDI-editors_003a>?

Personally I'm a Frescobaldi fan. MuseScore is also starting to look very nice, the last version I checked, but I do like being able to edit the code directly.

As you may have noticed, making demands is easy.  But "somebody should
really" does not get anything accomplished.  And I can't avoid the
impression that you have invested a _lot_ less time in doing your
research before suggesting we are doing everything all wrong than I have
in answering you.

I'm not making any demands or saying "should". I just thought you might find the video inspirational for what might be possible, without compromising the code/compiler-based approach of LilyPond.