Re: web: news about cancelled rc (issue 6223054)

From: dak
Subject: Re: web: news about cancelled rc (issue 6223054)
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 18:37:59 +0000

On 2012/05/21 18:22:45, janek wrote:
New version.

On 2012/05/21 17:51:11, Graham Percival wrote:
> I hate to be a mao, but I believe I suggested a new news item?

I thought that it was a non-obligatory suggestion.

> Think of each news item as a tweet or something like that.
> We have a new piece of news: the release candidate has been
cancelled.

It would make sense if this was a fresh piece of news.  Here, we
cannot even say
/when/ the release was cancelled.  In my opinion it doesn't make sense
to write
a news with today's date for something that happened more than a week
ago.
An update doesn't require specific date.  That's why i think it's
better - it
just states that something changed.
However, i'll change it to a separate item if you insist.

Unfortunately, Graham's and my suggestion don't play together well.  I
think you should now omit the @strong{Update:} and just make this

Due to a few Critical bugs, version 2.15.38 is no longer a candidate for
the stable release 2.16.

Five rounds of guesswork from several developers for a single sentence
would not seem like the most efficient use of manpower for proceeding on
this item.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6223054/