Re: For the birthday boy!

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: For the birthday boy!
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 15:07:28 +0200

Colin Campbell <address@hidden> writes:

> Of course, Zum Geburtstag viel Glück
>
> but there's also:
>
> Hoch soll er leben!
> Dreimal hoch!
>

> And many happy returns of the day, David!
>
> Colin
>
> PS: if I misunderstood your hint, hang on to the best wishes for later!

Not really much of a hint.  But then the reaction to my financial notice
about a week ago was actually the real birthday surprise.  And the real
reason I dropped the documentation issue that I got deadlocked on.  I
need to focus on giving people their money worth in code rather than in
forcing myself.  I have to keep reminding myself that I am not doing
anybody a favor by trying to do things I don't enjoy.

Of course, forcing myself to stay focused on things I enjoy doing
instead of those I feel I should be doing does not exactly sound hard.

But at least today I have an excuse even better than "I'd suck at
anything else".