Re: GUB on recent Ubuntu release

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GUB on recent Ubuntu release
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 22:01:04 +0100

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 06:47:28PM +0100, Colin Hall wrote:
> I'm aware that libmpfr is a listed requirement for GUB and I have
> apt-get installed it.
>
> However, I see that libmpfr is also built by GUB. Not sure if it is
> host or cross.

The history here is a bit vague, but in case you haven't seen it,
which leads to
https://github.com/janneke/gub/commit/e36a2f1b7f6770a1c0a3edea5ac17633d7f5e2bd

I'm out of my depths here, but hopefully Jan could comment on
tools::mpfr ?  (that particular commit was removing it from cygwin
rather than darwin)

> I'll continue with this later but pointers are welcome.

No other pointers here, but I want to thank you again for your
documented in-depth investigation of this issue.