Re: Footnotes correctly printed on grobs at first timestep. (issue 63060

From: dak
Subject: Re: Footnotes correctly printed on grobs at first timestep. (issue 6306064)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 16:09:03 +0000

On 2012/06/10 15:58:25, MikeSol wrote:
This fixes Issue 2574 but also deals with the
footnote-break-visibility regtest,
which currently does not register the property change (this may have
something
to do with the footnote engraver being on the Score level).

I'll readily admit that the footnote engraver being at Score level may
be a source for new problems.  However, automatic footnotes get a number
for each time they hit an engraver, and footnotes may occur at pretty
much any level.  So I don't really see a way around having the engraver
registered at Score level by default.

Moving it to lower levels may be a user-level option, but it comes at
the cost of some elements no longer being available for footnoting.  So
it would be good if we could get the Score-level footnote engraver
working well.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6306064/