Re: Returns an empty interval for stencilless Stem height (issue 6303065

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: Returns an empty interval for stencilless Stem height (issue 6303065)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 05:34:23 +0000

On 2012/06/11 03:44:32, Keith wrote:
http://codereview.appspot.com/6303065/diff/4001/lily/stem.cc
File lily/stem.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6303065/diff/4001/lily/stem.cc#newcode703
lily/stem.cc:703: if (calc_beam && !unsmob_stencil (me->get_property
("stencil")))
beam-stem-stemlet.ly shows that LilyPond produces no stencil for the
invisible
stems on beamed rests, yet she depends on stem extents for tuplet
brackets.
Maybe
   if (calc_beam && !beam && !stenxil) ?

This shows a case where stem height cannot be determined by stem stencil
presence.  The first version of the patch works under the assumption
that information about height cannot be gleaned from the stencil and
must be made explicit through overrides.  I think that, even though this
requires redundancy (specifying no stencil and an empty height), if
LilyPond treats cases where there is no stencil and a non-empty height
(like beam-stem-stemlet.ly), then the method in the first patch set is
better.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6303065/