Texidoc translations of snippets

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Texidoc translations of snippets
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 12:31:54 +0100

As promised a month or so ago, I'm delving into makelsr to try to make it more translator friendly. I'm starting with the little project Graham suggested - why does it add a new line when run locally? I can answer that, but first my other discovery and question: it's very sensitive to the formatting of the texidoc files. Have a look at

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lilypond.git/tree/Documentation/de/texidocs/changing-the-size-of-woodwind-diagrams.texidoc

and compare it with any other texidoc: you'll see missing spaces around the = sign, and excess lines at the top. Look at

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lilypond.git/tree/Documentation/snippets/changing-the-size-of-woodwind-diagrams.ly

and you'll see the result - the German translation has been added by makelsr over and over again. This is a bug in makelsr, but in the short term I'd like to correct the texidoc files. Can I do them myself and push to staging/master, or do the translators need to do it to keep their repos up to date? If the latter, I can supply a list of offending files - it's only a few.

As to why we get the extra line - it's a side issue of a different makelsr bug. If you run makelsr against the tarball, it puts all the translations in the right place. If you run it locally, new translations are put above the lsrtags entry, and any subsequent local run puts a blank line under lsrtags - I'm guessing it's a side-effect of the wrongly placed translation.

I'm now looking at makelsr to work out how to fix those bugs...

--
Phil Holmes