Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2607 in lilypond: Patch: Allow immediate Schem

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2607 in lilypond: Patch: Allow immediate Scheme expressions to take multiple values
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:19:58 +0200 (CEST)

>>     (map! + '(1 2 3) '(4 5 6))   =>   (5 7 9)
>
> You must not! not! not! use map! on constant lists.

Interesting.  This is something non-obvious, at least after reading
the Guile documentation.  Now, knowing what you've just written, a
second read makes much more sense, and I can see that this is hidden
in the sentence

  `map!' is allowed, but not required, to alter the cons cells of
  `lst1' ...

    Werner