Re: Get texidoc translations out of snippets source files(issue6352053)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Get texidoc translations out of snippets source files(issue6352053)
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 15:31:48 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> To: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 6:11 PM

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> To: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 5:27 PM

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 03:56:03PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
http://codereview.appspot.com/6352053/diff/1/scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py#newcode79
scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py:79: default="out/bin",
it would be better if the default was the build/out directory, and if
convert-ly and lilypond aren't found, the script fails, with a message
about how to use the -p option.

Excellent catch!  But let's take that one step further, and use
$LILYPOND_BUILD_DIR/out/bin/ as the default.  Now that John has
gone through the fuss of creating it, let's use it.  :)

- Graham

I think we may need to be careful how we get this patch into master, since it has a specific sequence of events associated: makelsr-from-tarball using this patch; push resulting Doc/snippets to git - if step one is done and step 2 delayed, we may get unpredictable results.

--
Phil Holmes

I see the patch is now in master. I think this means I need to use an archived copy of the LSR (the one I used for the last update of git from the tarball) to update Documentation/snippets using John's new script and push the resultant snippets to staging. That way, git will have newly "correct" versions of the snippets - without extraneous translations in them.

Once that's OK, I'll grab a new tarball and repeat.

Agreed?

--
Phil Holmes