cherrypicking our way to 2.16

From: address@hidden
Subject: cherrypicking our way to 2.16
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 23:41:49 +0200

Hey all,

Once the most recent critical issues are squashed, are people up for forking
off a stable branch from 2.15? Administratively we'd go into cherrypick mode
like we did for 2.13 where we institute a moratorium on pushing to the stable
branch and have a cherrypick Czar (like Carl was a year-ish ago) port critical
bugfixes to this branch. All release candidates would come from this branch.

Cheers,
MS