Re: Add function for overriding broken spanners to LilyPond. (issue 6397

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Add function for overriding broken spanners to LilyPond. (issue 6397054)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:17:02 +0200

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 2:17 AM, David Nalesnik
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I took a look at this--I couldn't resist!!--and actually it wasn't too hard
> to incorporate Harm's (very cool) snippet into \alterBroken.  I've attached
> a file which shows how his example would be expressed with that command.

:D

> I really like the idea of expanding the function like this.  For one thing,
> it's a little confusing that the original \alterBroken would work with grobs
> like SystemStartBar (somewhat unexpectedly classed as a spanner) and not
> with a clef and its end-of-the-line cautionary.

+1

> This is a draft and I'd like to look over these revisions a bit before I
> amend the patch.
>
> What do you think?

The scheme part looks readable to me (which is certainly a
compliment!).  It seems to be well organised.  The only thing that
worries me is the indentation - there are some tabs used and
Frescobaldi displays them wrong (i suppose you meant 1 tab to be equal
to 4 spaces, not 8).
The examples are nice and pretty much self-explanatory.
If fact, the only thing i don't like is that backticks are necessary
in syntax - but that's not your fault, i suppose :)  It's just that i
get pwned every time i see a backtick in scheme code.

LGTM :)
Janek