Re: Changes make test to allow output to be reviewed in a browser (issue

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Changes make test to allow output to be reviewed in a browser (issue 6442068)
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 17:45:50 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 5:32 PM

I have nothing to say other than seconding comments from Graham.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6442068/diff/1/make/lysdoc-vars.make
File make/lysdoc-vars.make (left):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6442068/diff/1/make/lysdoc-vars.make#oldcode10
make/lysdoc-vars.make:10: LILYPOND_BOOK_FLAGS += --use-source-file-names
On 2012/07/31 21:04:24, Graham Percival wrote:
why?

I second this reaction.  BTW I hope regtest comparison between releases
relies on "make doc" output and not on "make test"; if so this change is
acceptable, otherwise it may break regtest comparison.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6442068/

The line was deleted in that patch, since no PNGs were actually generated with the flag present.

That said, Graham was right and this does break regtest comparison, but not in a way that I currently understand. This is true even with formats=png,ps. I'm currently looking at what's going on and will certainly not propose anything else unless make check, etc., work.

--
Phil Holmes