Re: [Lilypond-auto] Patchy report from grenouille

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Patchy report from grenouille
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 21:06:49 +0200

Le lundi 06 août 2012 à 13:32 +0200, David Kastrup a écrit :
> And zero exit status (no error): it is conceivable that origin/staging
> has just been deleted (which only is necessary if you want to drop some
> commits from it) and not yet replaced by something else, in which case
> this command will throw an error.

Programs ran inside Patchy that return non-zero generate a FailedCommand
exception, so I think this is straightforward to handle.

> Great!

It turns out to be trickier than what I thought, because main Git repo
(the one used to synchronize with git.sv.gnu.org) on server grenouille
is bare (then local clones with shared Git data are created for various
puroposes), and the trick of fetching then run lilypond-patchy-staging
in chroot then push no longer works with an extra fetch at the end of
the build.  I finally got to start a build, if everything goes well,
you'll see a positive notification on lilypond-auto just before midnight
CET.

Best,
John