Re: PATCHES: Brain surgery on the build system, first stage

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: PATCHES: Brain surgery on the build system, first stage
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 19:25:44 +0200

Il giorno mar, 07/08/2012 alle 18.04 +0100, Graham Percival ha scritto:
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 06:57:17PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
> > Maybe it's because there's a tilde '~' in LILYPOND_GIT that is not
> > expanded, when I submit next iteration of the patch please set
> > LILYPOND_GIT to a value with no tilde.
>
> pydoc os.path.expanduser

We're in the shell world here, not Python.  If the testing instructions
in the form of a shell script I provided are judged satisfactory by
other build system hackers (Phil?), then I'll consider adding in Patchy
support for testing build system changes (testing installation and dist,
and maybe other targets), but at this stage it seems overkill to me.

Best