Re: Cyrillic texinfo support

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Cyrillic texinfo support
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 19:56:54 +0200 (CEST)

> I don't have more than the power of appeal to ask people from
> refraining sabotaging the development branch until the settling
> phase of 2.16 is mostly over, and that will be the case when 2.16.0
> and 2.17.0 have been released: everything that "actually should" be
> in 2.16.0 but did not warrant _further_ delaying 2.16.0 will end up
> in 2.17.0.  If we put wild changes in 2.17.0 already, this will
> significantly delay 2.16.1 with followup changes (or testing
> exposure of its tentative contents) and will consequently affect the
> perceived quality of 2.16.

Hmm, `wild changes' is a mild exaggeration, isn't it?  It makes
50 Cyrillic characters appear in the PDFs which were simply missing
previously.  It's a one-line change in `macros.itexi' and a new file.
And of course I've run `make doc' on a freshly cloned git repository
and checked the output whether everything is fine.

Anyway, I now understand that we essentially have a code freeze in
`staging' until 2.16 is out.  Somehow I got a wrong impression about
that, sorry.

    Werner