Re: PATCHY users: please update

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: PATCHY users: please update
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 02:00:19 +0200

Le mardi 14 août 2012 à 13:58 +0100, James a écrit :
> The last two checkins break something.
>
> --snip--
> line 184, in make_directories
>     run ("git branch -f test-%s %s/master" % (branch_name,
> remote_branch_name ("master")))
>   File "/home/james/patchy/patches/compile_lilypond_test/__init__.py",
> line 72, in run
>     raise FailedCommand ("Command '%s' returned non-zero exit status
> %d\n%s" % (cmd, returncode, stderr.strip ()))
> compile_lilypond_test.FailedCommand: Command '['git', 'branch', '-f',
> 'test-rietveld', 'origin/master/master']' returned non-zero exit
> status 128
> fatal: Not a valid object name: 'origin/master/master'.

Duh, this failed on Grenouille too (with 'master/master' instead), I
pushed a fix after having checked that test-patches.py started well
(it's testing 2745).  Does it work for you too?

> if I hard reset back to Graham's last GOP checkin, patchy works.

This was the good thing to do, obviously.  Due to frequent breakage of
Patchy from me, I'll use more branches different from master to stage
changes I'm doing on Grenouille, to test them more extensively myself
and pushing on master completely working commits.

Sorry for the breakage again,
John