Re: Finding Century fonts

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Finding Century fonts
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 01:59:03 +0200

Hi Mike,
Il giorno sab, 18/08/2012 alle 19.38 -0400, address@hidden ha
scritto:
> In the Mac OS X build I did of the LilyPond source LilyPond cannot
> find the Century fonts.

Did configure or "make all" failed?  Which error message did you get?
If it's configure, can you double check that you didn't get a warning
telling that the Century fonts miss Cyrillic characters?  This story
sounds like it results from the fix to
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2146)

As a rule of thumb, when a build fails and you don't see an obvious fix,
first check for warnings in configure output (rerun it if you have lost
its output).

>   I put them in the mf/out directory so that they are installed
> correctly (in theory) but LilyPond can't find them.  Is there a way I
> can check how LilyPond is handling paths for looking for fonts?  Does
> lily fail silently when she doesn't find them?

If fontconfig has trouble finding Century fonts, you can always specify
--with-ncsb-dir, so you don't have to resort to put the fonts in mf/out.
But IIRC configure won't accept NCSB fonts that only have Latin
characters.

HTH,
John