Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 21:57:20 -0700

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 20:43:03 -0700, <address@hidden> wrote:

Have you tried setting TupletNumber's priority to be smaller than
TupletBracket? It results TupletNumber moving twice as far as it should

That is a problem with the simple code.
What is the desired output, though, if someone specifically asks for
TupletNumbers to be placed before TupletBrackets ?

It would also be possible for some grob to insert itself between the
TupletBracket and the TupletNumber, which isn't particularly nice
either.

But if a user over-rode the priorities so that another object has priority
between that of the Bracket and the Number, maybe he did think that would be
nice.

So I think some form of "rider" functionality is necessary. I do
it a little differently in my branch, which even allows the TupletNumber
to affect the position of the TupletBracket.

That looks reasonably simple.  And allowing space for the 'rider' while placing
the parent is the right thing to do.

(I had /thought/ setting the child's outside-staff-priority to #f would push
outside-staff items away from where the child was, before getting moved with
the parent.  So I suggested just inheriting the priority of the parent.)