Re: applying scheme indentation

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: applying scheme indentation
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 14:29:10 +0200

> As per GOP 2-4 - C++ and scheme indentation, we now have a
> fixscm.sh in the source tree.  Running this was postponed pending
> Mike's monster skyline patch and possibly some sort of guile 2.0
> thing.
>
> What's the status of the guile 2.0 patch?  In particular, is it
> safe to run fixscm.sh now, or should that wait until ... ?
>
> I've uploaded the results of fixscm.sh:
> http://codereview.appspot.com/6499050
> (I didn't add a code.google.com issue tracker for this)
>

> My preference is to push this now, and let Ian (or whoever) run
> fixscm.sh on their own scheme work.

That does not help with rebasing, only with merging, and it is unlikely
that merging Ian's work without rebasing is a good idea, as it likely
has a longer history.

> But I'll defer to any scheme experts if they want to delay fixscm.sh
> by a week or two.

Maybe Ian could push his current branch to some dev/* branch so that one
can make a rough estimate what the costs of various ways of integration
would turn out to be?  fixscm.sh is basically an esthetic fix.  We
should do it when we are reasonably sure of no major resulting hassles.