Re: When updating the tracker not using git-cl for patch-new tests

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: When updating the tracker not using git-cl for patch-new tests
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 11:32:31 +0100

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 11:25:24PM +0100, James wrote:
> Just to reiterate, test-patchy is pretty dumb so when entering
> manually links to rietveld can you make sure there is no punctuation
> near or around the link to the code to download to test.

Yes.
Interested parties could work on
https://github.com/gperciva/lilypond-extra/blob/master/patches/projecthosting_patches.py#L183
which passes a code.google.com issue number (i.e. 1234) and
(ideally) returns the url of the most recent codereview patch.

> I scratched my head for bit with
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/6458159.
>
> Then realised it was the full point at the end

Yes -- just try putting
 " http://codereview.appspot.com/6458159. "
into a web browser (not including the double quotes).  I get a
404.

> Also be careful when adding other URIs in a comment, as patchy may see
> that before the link to rietveld and again fail.

My rule of thumb is to always have a newline, then the url:
http://codereview.appspot.com/6458159
with nothing else on the line.

> So if you see me pasting the URI on its own in a comment, it's because
> test-patchy cannot parse the comment before it properly.

Thanks!