Re: Grenouille is giving false reg tests

From: James
Subject: Re: Grenouille is giving false reg tests
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 10:39:36 +0100

John,

On 6 September 2012 09:29, John Mandereau <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi James,
> Il giorno mer, 05/09/2012 alle 23.13 +0100, James ha scritto:
>> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2811
>>
>> Compare mine to its.
>>
>> You'll see programming errors - which seem to appear on all the other
>> recent patch tests.
>
> IIRC these programming errors about undead objects have always appeared
> on Grenouille, so they should be ignored.  Of course, regtests
> comparisons crippled with so much errors not related to the tested patch
> are quite cumbersome to examine.

It's more than that, we really did have a few patches with
'programming error' messages from other developers, so while there is
any doubt I end up having to redo the tests anyway, which kind of
makes the reg test on Grenouille pointless at the moment. As I won't
know if this is a real problem or not.

> I really want to give testers like you
> the ability to upload regtests comparions to Grenouille, but as I'm
> moving to Italy and I was in a hurry for other tasks I've had no time
> for LilyPond in the past ten days except reading the long threads about
> syntax and working on adding debugging hooks to GUB.  I hope to have
> some time for hacking Patchy on Sunday.

I'd suggest turning it off for now and I'll continue to test patches manually.

James