Re: new mailing list: lilypond-syntax-explorations

From: Graham Percival
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 17:14:52 -0700

On Mon, Sep 03, 2012 at 08:15:27PM +0100, Graham Percival wrote:
> For the past 6 days, we've performed an experiment: can we have a
> On Thursday, I will create a new mailing list, with the tentative
> name "lilypond-syntax-explorations".  Alternate name suggestions
> are welcome.

I'm re-thinking the name.  It's not ideal to pinpoint "syntax" in
the list name, since this could be a useful venue to discuss other
ideas[1].  I'm now leaning towards:
  lilypond-loony-bin

Other possibilities are:
  lilypond-free-discussion
  lilypond-random-discussion
  lilypond-explorations
  lilypond-loonies   % Canadian joke: our $1 coin is a loonie
      % http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loonie

[1] for example, having closer ties with Mutopia, doing something
with kickstarter, online web editors, critical editions of
scores... basically, any of the "random discussions" we had at
Waltrop.  These straddle the boundary between users and
developers.  To re-iterate, none of the discussions will be taken
as a direct proposal; any actual proposals that arise from those
unstructured discussions will be brought to -devel.