Re: gerrit - does it allow writing commits using a web interface?

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: gerrit - does it allow writing commits using a web interface?
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 12:02:42 -0700

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 6:01 AM, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Can someone please explain me very slowly why we don't simply use
> Git as intended?
>
> Have you noticed that git patches are already in e-mail form?

Additional two disadvantages of this approach that come to my mind:
- how would you review a patch so monstrous as Mike's skylines?

Rietveld also sucks for this. That's why I kept asking Mike to update his git branch.

- it's hard/impossible to compare different versions of the patch.

Again, a git branch is better than a website.

Cheers,
Joe