Comparing program function usage over program runs

From: address@hidden
Subject: Comparing program function usage over program runs
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 08:45:10 +0300

Hey all,

To further debug 2801, I am looking for a way to not have to run the regtests
every time to make the bug appear.  I am hoping that it'll crop up if I just
keep running it and I can compare the way the program behaves from one
compilation to the next.  Is there a way to do something like:

<pseudocode>

Results old;
Results new;
while
{
 new = run_lilypond_on (cross-staff-slur-skylines.ly)
 if (!old.is_empty () && new != old)
   break;

 old = new;
}

old.print_first_point_of_divergence (new);

</pseudocode>

Hope you get the idea...any ways to do this?

Cheers,
MS