Re: GOP2-5 - GLISS discussions

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: GOP2-5 - GLISS discussions
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 09:33:14 +0200 (CEST)

> The current format needs to have a one-to-one correspondance (or
> “bijection”) between ly and scheme. Graphically, the process is
> something like this:
>
>           ly <--> scheme -> pdf/midi

I don't think that it is bijective.  It's rather that anything in ly
should be able to be representable in Scheme and vice versa.  This is
not the same.  There might be multiple representations in Scheme, and
multiple representations in lilypond for exactly the same thing.

    Werner

PS: I'm still not happy with a separate mailing list.  But maybe we
    should create a mailing list to discuss whether we want a new
    mailing list.