Re: Replacement for backend function bezier-sandwich

From: mike
Subject: Re: Replacement for backend function bezier-sandwich
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 05:07:37 -0700

On 2012-09-17 05:01, ornello wrote:
James wrote

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commitdiff;h=35725a573e47be7c02c51964641ea534fb88be6b

Does this help?

james

Hmm... I see that in lookup.cc the call to the backend function
bezier-sandwich has been replaced by native PS commands. I don't find a bezier drawing callback function that is called in the backend. I have written my own HTML backend, and I need to react to bezier_sandwich calls when drawing slurs and ties. So my question is: How do I draw slurs and ties
in backends that are not PS (e.g. SVG, socket, HTML, ...)?

Dominik

Dear Dominik,

They are actually commands to the path stencil - they look like native PS commands because they use the same lingo. If your backend implements the path stencil, LilyPond should do the rest of the work for you, outputting slurs and ties as paths instead of bezier sandwiches.

Cheers,
MS