Re: [GLISS] Existing syntax abominations

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: [GLISS] Existing syntax abominations
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 13:39:43 +0200

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 12:59 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
>> whoah, that's quite a difference.
>> +1 for getting rid of this strange behavior.
>
> Actually, I was proposing extending "this strange behavior" (processing
> music as a whole when it gets added to a score, incidentally the same
> place where repeat chords get expanded by default) to \addlyrics.  It is
> not feasible to "get rid of it" since the necessary information is
> available reasonably reliably only at scorifying time.
>
> Which makes it sound like a -1 from you for this approach.

ah, i missed your original point completely.  I thought that the
difference in output is \addlyrics' fault, and that this difference is
bad.  Thanks for letting me know that i've misunderstood you!

Also, it seems that using a demonstrative "this" has bitten me again.
By "this strange behavior" i didn't mean "the difference in output you
pointed out" but rather "the strange behavior and nature of
\addlyrics".

So, you have a +1 from me for all your suggestions in this thread.

best,
Janek