Re: [GLISS] facilitate changes of the (default-) drumStyleTable

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: [GLISS] facilitate changes of the (default-) drumStyleTable
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 19:04:01 +0200

Am 27.09.2012 00:32, schrieb Thomas Morley:
2012/9/26 Marc Hohl <address@hidden>:

I like the idea of giving the user the ability to change only parts of the
list
without having to rewrite the full list; I think that this concept could be
of
use in other parts of lilypond as well,
Hi Marc,

further testing showed a major-problem:

Using `hashq-set!' here is too much force brute and will result in an
unintended change of lily-internals.
I.e. compiling all .ly files in a folder with
lilypond *.ly
will show the changes in _all_ files, even if \changeDrumStyleTable is
_not_ used in a file.
Oops. That's interesting (and not what we want, of course).

\set DrumStaff.drumStyleTable = #(alist->hash-table <my-drums>)
is not that invasive.

Nevertheless, IMHO the question about an easy, less intricate method
how to change a single value in the predefined drumStyleTable stands
as a valid request.
+1

I think you should raise an issue for that.

Regards,

Marc