Re: Provide define-session and define-session-public commands (issue 658

From: dak
Subject: Re: Provide define-session and define-session-public commands (issue 6588056)
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 18:24:20 +0000

Reviewers: Ian Hulin (gmail),

Message:
On 2012/10/01 18:02:16, Ian Hulin (gmail) wrote:
Just a question about the doc-string.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6588056/diff/1/scm/lily.scm
File scm/lily.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6588056/diff/1/scm/lily.scm#newcode51
scm/lily.scm:51: address@hidden basically corresponds to one LilyPond
file on
the
Is a space needed somewhere in "address@hidden"? I.e. will it look the
way you
intended when the docs are compiled?

15.6 address@hidden': Inserting an Unbreakable Space

The address@hidden' command produces a normal interword space at which a line
break may not occur.  Always write it with following (empty) braces, as
usual for commands used within a paragraph.  Here's an example:

     @TeX{} was written by Donald address@hidden

produces:

     TeX was written by Donald E. Knuth.

So in a nutshell: if this runs through Texinfo, we will get a
non-breakable space in there.  At the current point of time, only the
doc strings of music functions and of functions written in C++ are
listed in the NR and Extending manual, respectively.  Does this mean
that we should not use Texinfo markup in *.scm files?  No idea.

Provide define-session and define-session-public commands

Also moves the session logic into lily.scm instead of init.ly

Please review this at http://codereview.appspot.com/6588056/

Affected files:
  M ly/init.ly
  M scm/lily.scm