Re: LilyPond 2.17.4 released

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.17.4 released
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 12:15:24 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2012 12:02 PM

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 12:13 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

We are happy to announce the release of LilyPond 2.17.4. This
release contains the usual number of bugfixes. It is strongly
recommended that normal users do not use this release, and instead
use the stable 2.16 version.

I got a bikeshed to pluck here, namely "normal users".  Can we find a
different wording for that?

"inexperienced users"?
(i guess most experienced ones use dev releases anyway)

Negative connotation.  But reversed (see below) it is not actually that
bad.

or maybe non-developers?
"it is strongly recommended that only developers use this release.
Everyone else should use stable 2.16 version".

"it is strongly recommended that only experienced users try working with
this release.  Everyone else is encouraged to use the stable 2.16
version instead."

Something like that.

"This version has not had extensive testing, and so only users who are willing to risk crashes or unexpected behaviour should download and install it. Those who require a stable version should continue to use the 2.16 version."

?

--
Phil Holmes