Re: Doc: improve documentation of Bézier curves (28 58) (issue 6561064)

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Doc: improve documentation of Bézier curves (28 58) (issue 6561064)
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 15:21:31 +0000

On 2012/10/08 07:46:09, Keith wrote:
Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely:4087: -\tweak
#'control-points
#'((-2 . 3) (-1 . 3.1) (0 . 3.2) (1 . 2.4)) ( <> )
  g2( <>) f   is the same as   g2( f)
so any implication that the <> does something different might mislead.

They are, of course, equivalent, but the slur has no connection
with the second note and I found it more confusing to involve
the second note.  This is the way I would do it, and the way I
would recommend it be done, so I'd rather leave it at it is.
I could add a comment, maybe ... I'll think about that.

For a single-note example you might prefer
   \tweak...
   \repeatTie g1

I don't think this is appropriate in a section on Bézier curves,
but it should go into the Known issues section of NR 1.4.1,
together with a ref to here.  I'll add that to this patch-set in
the next upload.

Thanks, Trevor

http://codereview.appspot.com/6561064/